Etiquette 101: The Do’s and Don’ts of Jewelleries Wearing
In a world where anything goes, one could easily get away with anything; especially where style is involved. In spite of this, it is important to be aware of the appropriate rules of accessories wears. Use of accessories is a fashion choice that can make or mar your fashion sense.
Knowing the necessary ornaments etiquette can move an attire from boring to mind-blowing. Wearing the right accessories in an appropriate manner will help convey a fashion statement.
Before you accessorize yourself, keep a few things in mind. Different occasions have its distinct rules. Thus, an occasion is one factor to keep in mind when it comes to jewelleries etiquette.
DAILY ACTIVITIES ETIQUETTES:
Daily activities do not demand much effort. Some pieces of jewels are perfect for our daily activities. Such accessories are called everyday jewelleries. One of such accessories is the wedding ring (for the married guys). A wristwatch is also acceptable. A pendant is an item that can be worn every day.
Welcome to the corporate world!
Selecting bracelets, earrings, and rings to wear to the office is a rather complex choice. There’s always a tendency that one might cross the line by wearing flashy accessories. This should however not be the case.
Office accessories should not be noisy or attention-seeking. You might want to be careful while making a fashion statement. Office accessories’ wearing has its do’s and don’ts. You sure do not want to offend your client or employer.
Here are some do’s and don’ts for office jewelleries:
- In a creative office like the entertainment industry, large earrings are acceptable. However, you shouldn’t overdo it. You do not want to come across as a person who disturbs the peace of the office with “jingling earrings”. Rather, wear earrings that are not noisy
- Do not wear dangling bangles. Wearing dangling bangles is a bad idea for an office outing. It may annoy your fellow workers, and no one likes that. You can be fierce without having to wear an armful bangle that clicks against each other each time you type. Just wear two or one
- If your office is a conservative one, tone down your use of accessories. It’s a perfect idea to wear stud earrings that match one’s outfit. Do not upset your company’s conservative ideals.
- In a liberal office, it is preferable you wear small hoops as long as they don’t make noise when you walk.
- A general rule of thumb in office accessories etiquette is to wear a pair of earrings, bracelet, necklace, and a ring. This is if you don’t want to cross lines. Anything more than these will make others and likewise yourself, feel uncomfortable. Remember it is an office environment, not a night-out
JEWELLERIES ETIQUETTES FOR FORMAL EVENTS:
Yes, your favorite events. A Formal event is the best time to show off your jewelleries. “Where else can you show off your diamond necklaces if not at dinners?”. It is recommended that you choose a ring, bracelet or necklace that emphasizes your best features at formal events. A glittering diamond necklace could attract admiration for your face.
When choosing accessories for a formal event, always bear in mind that too excessive accessories distract people from your overall look.
When trying out an over-sized piece of adornment, do not wear more than one. You sure do not want to look like you stole it from your grandmother.
Be careful in selecting matching necklaces or earrings, you do not want to look like a mannequin covered up with ornaments. Show off your style by wearing accessories that fit your dress, occasion and makeup.
Whether it’s a Friday night or a friend’s birthday party, the two are always lawless. Anything goes! Still be careful not to go overboard with accessories. It might overshadow your great personality.
Wearing jewelleries is an art. Its etiquettes have changed continuously for years. Old-school rules concerning accessories have faded. One of such rules is about matching-matching set. In recent times, it’s better you don’t match up at all. Also the rule concerning the use of on the left hand is now a passé.
However, whatever rule you decide to break, surewaydm.com has diamonds ready for you.