Write for Us: Contributor Guidelines
Here at the SurewayDM blog, we’re always looking for interesting articles told from unique perspectives .We love articles that entertain, educate and inspire.
If you’re interested in submitting a guest post for the SurewayDM blog, please read on to find out what we’re looking for.
Guest Contributor Guidelines
Here are a few VERY important things to keep in mind before you submit your article to SurewayDM:
- We will not accept articles that have previously been published anywhere, in any format
- We will not respond to emails that do not follow the writer guidelines
- Please do not include any affiliate links in the article. You can, however, include one branded link to your website at the end of the article.
Your Submitted Article Must:
- Be between 600 and 1000 words long
- Be broken up into sections using appropriate sub headings (use bullet points and lists where applicable)
- Include images where applicable (pasting a link to an appropriate image where you would like to see it in the published article is fine)
- Include links within the copy to other SurewayDM articles where applicable.
- Include a brief 1 paragraph summary about you, the author, at the end of the article. You can provide one branded link to your personal blog or website, or one of your social media handles if you wish.
Types of Articles That We Love:
- Our focus is fashion, lifestyle, and culture
- How-to articles that solve a specific problem
- DIY tutorials for interesting arts and crafts with an ‘alternative’ slant. If you can provide your own high-quality images then this will increase the chances of your article being accepted!
Articles We WON’T Accept:
- Articles that have previously been published elsewhere, in any format
- Articles that are promotional in any way, offer a product or commercial service – or link to a website that does.
- Articles that are too similar to something we already have published on the blog (so be sure to do your research)
- Articles that are fiction, poetry, reviews, or any format other than a straight up blog post
- Articles that are offensive. Anything that is outright offensive or discriminatory will not be accepted!
When you submit your work to SurewayDM:
- You grant us the permission to publish your article (upon acceptance) on the SurewayDM blog and associated media properties
- You grant us permission to make minor edits for length, tone, and clarity
- You understand that we will not respond to every single submission (although we will try)
- You agree that all work is your own. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to plagiarism
- You agree to the SurewwayDM terms
How to Submit an Article to SurewayDM
Step 1: Read the SurewayDM blog thoroughly to get a feel for the types of content we like to publish and to make sure that the article topic you have in mind has not already been covered.
Step 2: Read the content guidelines outlined above, and take note! We will change these from time to time, depending on the types of content we are looking for. For example – a detailed opinion piece on why there is a clear need for gothic swimwear might be great for the spring/summer season – but not so much around fall and winter.
Step 3: Send a complete draft of your article to surewaydm [at] gmail.com, with the words ‘Guest Contributor: Your Article Title’ as the email subject line. A google doc or word document is fine. Also note THIS EMAIL IS FOR COMPLETE ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS ONLY. If you wish to email about any other matters pertaining to SurewayDM or the SurewayDM Blog – please refer to the support email address.
Step 4: Wait. I will do my absolute best to read all contributions in a timely fashion – but cannot guarantee a response to every individual entry. If, however, you’d like to follow up with an email if you haven’t had a response within 2 weeks – then feel free.
Step 5: If your article is accepted I’ll contact you to let you know the good news, and we will work from there.