Jewelry is something personal to many women. It is an extension of style and personality. The jewelry you buy and wear gives your look something special. However, shopping for jewelry is not really good experience for some women. This is probably because not everyone is the same body size. We all differ in body sizes.
Maybe when you try on a pendant, it does not fit well. You spot a stunning ring and try it on, disappointedly; it is too tight. Or you want to buy a matching piece of bracelets, but the bracelet is not the right fit.
You can put a smile on your face now, all your jewelry sizing problems are over. Different retailers and manufacturers have caught up with the idea that they should make different sizes of jewelry for different body sizes. Many accessory designers have been inclined by the body’s positive movement. Their companies have crafted jewelry of various sizes and fit.
Easy Plus Size Women Jewelry Tips:
There are tried and trusted tips for choosing the best plus-size jewelry. The top five tips include:
Choose the right necklace length.In this present age, necklaces come in different lengths. It is therefore important to choose a style that compliments your figure the most.
When browsing necklaces, you should consider two things: height and body size. These are two factors that determine the fitness of a jewelry piece. The right necklace for you will draw the eye up and down, creating length. Check out this layered chain tassels necklace here:
The most flattering necklaces for plus-size ladies are:
- MATINEE NECKLACE: Matinee necklaces are those necklaces which are 20-24 inches long. It usually hit at the bust line or just below it. This all depends on your height and the actual length of the necklace. This kind of necklace look best with turtlenecks, dresses or button-down top.
- OPERA NECKLACES: this necklace is more dramatic. It is about 26-36 inches long. It usually sits below the bust line and above the waist. It is a great choice for tall women and plus size ladies as it focuses the eye on the bust line. Opera necklaces are usually worn over variety of tops, dresses or jumpsuit. Opera necklaces are also great plus size option to match up a casual look. Order this freshwater pearl necklace for women.
N.B. If you want to avoid attention to your neck, generally avoid choker and collar lengths. However, there are exceptions to this rule. If you find a choker necklace that you love and it fits comfortably, kindly go for it!
Make a statement:Statement pieces look fabulous on plus size women. Try to avoid tiny pieces as they can be harder to notice. It is better to wear something that stands out but ties your entire outfit together. Great options for statement pieces include:
- Bangles- stack them for a fun and trendy look. See fun bangle styles here.
- Necklaces- wear necklaces of different lengths with pendants or interesting accents.
- Cuff bracelets- Choose a width that is comfortable for you.
Statement pieces are meant to pop. Try choosing a colour that is outside of your comfort zone or a gemstone you’ve never worn
Less is definitely more:while mixing and adding accessories is what makes dressing fun, it Is important to be selective. Do not wear too much jewelry at once. Choose one statement jewelry piece to work with and start from there. for instance, if you have a full bust line, you may want to avoid a chunky piece that rests on your chest.
Buy adjustable pieces:most plus size jewelry are often adjustable. Thus, it is a great option for getting that perfect fit. Look for adjustable rings and bangles. You can also take matters into your hand by purchasing necklace extenders that allow you to customize the length.
Research retailers and buy high quality:Before purchase of jewelry, research both online and in-store retailers. Also, purchase pieces made of real gold or silver. Additionally, look for plus size jewelry in plus size clothing stores. They will mostly have an accessory section for series of jewels.
No matter your body size, you deserve to look good. You deserve to use any jewelry that makes you look fabulous. Despite these tips highlighted, the most important thing is that you love your piece and that they last.