Whether it is for a special occasion or just a casual outing, we always want to look our absolute best, and have an ensemble that is complementing and perfectly matching to our own personal style.
Your choice in jewelry, particularly a necklace can make or break your outfit, therefore choosing the right piece to fit your outfit, and blend in with the neckline of your outfit is just as important as the outfit itself.
Women Necklaces Styles
There are a few different length types available with regard to necklaces;
- The Princess length, which lies ever so slightly below the neck on the collarbone, generally adorned with a striking crystal or diamond type pendant.
- The Opera length ranges from 24 to 32 inches in length, running down to the bust area.
- The Matinee necklace is double the length of a choker around 20-24 inches, similarly setting on the bust line.
- A Rope style necklace is any necklace longer than 32 inches, which looks exquisite when layered with shorter length necklaces.
- The choker fits snugly around the neck, and looks gorgeous when it is a basic ribbon or velvet necklace with a large pendant.
The Right Necklace Type for your Neckline
It is vital to properly match your necklace style to the neckline of the top, or dress that you will be wearing. The right necklace length and type, or no necklace at all, can make a huge difference in the appearance of your outfit.
V-Neck – A longer length necklace that imitates the V-Line is more suited to a V-neckline
- Low Cut or Strapless – The princess length does the trick with this kind of neckline, drawing the eyes upward to your face and shoulders.
Turtleneck or High Crew Neck – The Opera length gives this form of neckline a striking appearance and compliments the style of the outfit.
- Halter Neck or One Shoulder – For this neckline, rather lay off the necklace and settle for an attractive pair of stud earrings.
Some Aspects to Reflect on When Choosing Your Necklace
Besides the length of your necklace and the style of the neckline of your outfit, there are a few other factors that come into play when choosing the right necklace;
- More simplistic styles are better suited to daytime, whereas a striking and intricate design is seamless for evenings.
- Match your necklace to the occasion, where a more intricate and delicate piece is suitable for a formal event, on the contrary, a more plain and even design is better for casual events.
- The length of your neck will also be complemented by the right necklace length, a longer length will look great with a shorter neck, on the other hand, a choker looks sublime on a longer neck.
- Keep in mind the color and style of your outfit, and try to match your jewelry, so that you accentuate your outfit, without dominating it.
These simple steps should have you well on your way in choosing a necklace length and type that is perfect for your neck shape, your outfit, as well as the occasion you will be wearing it for.
There are so many elegant and intricate pieces available to choose from, in a variety of lengths and styles that will meet every need.
Matching the correct piece of jewelry to your outfit can accentuate the areas that you want to stand out and draw attention to all the gorgeous bits, and away from any flaws. T
The function of any type of jewelry is to enhance and complete your look, so keep it simple and sophisticated, in order to look your best!