The right necklace and pair of earrings can effectively draw attention to all your beautiful facial and body features, and similarly distract attention from any small flaws or imperfections you may want to go unnoticed.
There are a few rules to be followed when it comes to choosing a necklace and earrings to match and enhance the features of a specific face type;
Confirming Your Unique Facial Shape
In order to see what exact facial shape you have, tie up your hair so that your forehead is clear, and take a picture or trace the shadow of your face in the mirror;
- A round face has soft curves with distances of equal length right around.
- An oval face, one of the most sought after shapes, is equal from the hairline to eyebrow and eyebrow to chin.
- The rectangular or oblong face shape is much longer than what it is wide with sharper features, or sometimes curved features.
- A square face usually has a strong jawline, and the length and width of the face are about the same.
- The heart-shaped, or inverted triangle face, is noted by a large forehead, and upper facial portion, that narrows down to the chin.
- Similarly, the triangular or pear-shaped face is just an inversion of the heart shape, whereas the jaw and cheekbones are much wider than the forehead and upper part of the face.
- Lastly, the diamond-shaped face, narrow at the forehead and chin with a sharp wider jawline.
Matching your Earrings and Necklace to your Facial Shape
- Round – Long dangling or drop earrings, and a longer length looping necklace that dives down the V-neckline.
- Oval – Any style earrings, while hoops and triangle shapes work well, similarly any style necklace depending on your neckline and the shape of your neck. Consider a choker for a longer neck and a long length necklace for a shorter neck.
- Rectangular – A Short Choker and Princess style necklace will look the best, with a large pair of button, or large stud type earrings. Try to avoid dangling and hoop earrings with this facial shape.
- Square – Large Oval loop earrings, long drop or chandelier earrings, along with a curved, smooth matinee or princess length necklace, however opera and rope lengths are even perfect. Find jewelry that has soft curves and an elegant design to tone down the sharpness of a square face.
- Heart – a princess or choker style necklace with three or more layers, add a teardrop, triangle or any other dangling earrings to the mix, and you have a perfect
- Pear – Button-style earrings, or narrow dangling earrings will do the trick, while a princess or Matinee, short designed necklace with moderate curves and graceful details, will polish the ensemble off.
- Diamond - Any necklace length with soft curving shapes, and any style of earrings that are not too long.
As you can see there is a style and length of necklace that will accentuate all the positive features of every facial shape, as well as tone down the not so desired features. Likewise the right pair of earrings can give your face the length or width that it needs in the right areas.
Matching your jewelry to your facial shape is important to create balance an avoid looking over dramatized or unpolished.
Facial types such as the oval and diamond shape are quite lucky to be able to wear almost any style of jewelry because of the symmetry of their faces. Though for the rest of us there are some ideas to follow and a few to avoid.
Make sure the design of your jewelry also flatters your facial type. If you have strong or sharp features, opt for something with curves and soft rounded shapes. On the other hand, if you have a curvy rounder face, select a piece with sharper and more defined details.
Taking all of this into account, you should be able to choose the right piece, to eloquently match your unique facial features.